Followers

Sunday 5 February 2012

January Crop Challenge

So I've finally almost caught up with my pending blog posts and today is the turn of last month's challenge.  It was my turn to choose the alterable item for the January Bramford Crop girls challenge and I decided on a Door Hanger... 

We put names in the hat before creating the piece this month and my chosen paper said Nancy (Kitty Scrapper).  Although I've made a few door hangers over the past couple of months, I wanted this one to be different.  Now Nancy likes pink and so my theme was born.

Firstly I used the Snow Cap Ranger paint dabber for the edges of the wooden hanger and then covered the front and back with Basic Grey Basics paper and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz ink.  I stamped a flourish in the top corner and covered the image with Ranger Sepia Accents to give it a raised glossy effect.  I used the Martha Stewart Lace border punch to make a strip to go near the bottom of my hanger.  Next I cut two shapes using the Stampin'Up top note die, one with pink Bazzill card stock and one with the Basic paper and then I put the paper one through the Big Shot with the Stampin'Up Manhattan Flower embossing folder and once done, I cut the image just to include the flower and run a distress ink pad over the raised area to make the definition of the image stand out.  I stamped a Tim Holtz phrase on a punched ticket and layered this on a Tim Holtz journaling ticket using a Tim Holtz pin.  Finally I added some bakers twine wrapping it round two brads, added ribbon, tiny staples, dress pins, inked flowers and gems plus some small alphabet stickers to spell 'Nancy'.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x