Followers

Tuesday 4 December 2012

The Return of the Mousetrap

Today's post is of a project I created over the weekend for the weekly challenge over at Out of a hat creations, the theme is week is 'The return of the mousetrap'.  This is my second mousetrap with the first being a challenge I set for the Bramford girls earlier this year so I tried to do something different and thought I'd give it a Christmas theme now that we are in December.

I started by removing all of the metal attachments and covered each side of the wood trap with gold Adirondack acrylic paint dabber.  All of the paper used is from the Tim Holtz Seasonal paper stash and I cut a piece of the jingle bells music to cover the back and then reattached the metal spring trap.  Next I cut 3 more pieces from the paper stash, a Father Christmas face, another smaller piece of the jingle bells music and a postcard picture saying 'Merry Christmas'.  I edged each piece with gold paint before attaching to the base, the final piece is attached with foam pads and covered with rock candy and has a Tim Holtz mini paperclip in the top corner.  I cut the December month from the Tim Holtz tissue tape, adhered to kraft card stock and circled the 25th before adding on top of a piece of Tim Holtz film strip.  I tied 3 pieces of ribbon to the trap, added 3 circle beads and the numbers 25 cut from a brown paper bag in the Tim Holtz vintage market die which I covered with Ranger gold stickles as they didn't stand out very well left as they were.  Finally I added 3 dots of gold stickles to the corner of the Father Christmas paper square and attached two screw eyes to the top and threaded ribbon to hang my trap and added a philosophy tag (covered with gold dabber) using a jump ring to the bottom.
Thanks for Looking!
Tracey x

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece of artwork Tracey . I love the way you have used the subtle colours but made it say it is Christmas in so many ways.

    Thank you for introducing us to this challenge through Janet as it has become a firm favourite with us.

    Great that you joined us at the Hatters again this week

    Love Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Mpusetrap Tracey fab idea to make it Christmas hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely hanger you have made Tracey. Love the Christmas look you have introduced to it.
    Thanks for sharing (and obviously from comments for starting this craze)
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic mouse trap Tracey,love the christmas theme.
    Thanks for joining us at Out of a Hat
    Janet x
    see you Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun! Is there no end to your creative talents? Whover else would have thought of altering a mousetrap?!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x