Followers

Friday 21 September 2012

Dylusions Love

Another day another challenge...and I am loving it!  I really could get used to this life of craftiness and I'll be very disappointed when I return to the 9-5 on Monday! 

Now, I have learnt a lesson this time...always check the Inlinkz countdown!  I created the tag yesterday and drafted my blog post ready for it to upload today (I'm a day behind with my blogging as I'm trying to post one new creation a day during my week off).  Anyway I had decided to have a go at The Stamp Man Challenges.  Normally I only participate in a couple of monthly challenges but as I'm off work I thought I'd have enough time to play along with some that have a shorter turnaround. The challenge theme was 'Summer Sizzler - use hot colours' but when I checked the challenge this morning it had ended and must have closed last night!!

Ok so back to my tag, anyone who reads my blog will know that I have an addiction to all things Ranger Ink and over the past few months I've been building a collection of Dylusions products from Art from the Heart.  I have used my ink sprays on every project and also some of the stencils but until yesterday had not used the stamps.  Well now I am hooked, I currently have 3 stamps sets and decided they would go perfectly with the challenge I did yesterday.

I started with one of the Tim Holtz tag dies in white card stock and spritzed it with Dylusions ink sprays.  Next I placed one of the Dylusions stencils over the tag and spritzed with water to create the ghosting technique.  Once dry I placed the stencil back down over the ghosting and this time using a sparkle gold gel pen used the outline to create a sparkle background which almost looks like a spider web.  Next I stamped 2 sets of leaves at the top of the tag and 2 sets of mushrooms at the bottom plus one more on white card stock.  I went round the leaves with a white gel pen and glossy accents.  I coloured the mushrooms using Tim Holtz distress inks and decoupaged one set on top of the mushrooms stamped directly on the tag for a little depth.  I also stamped the bee and the caterpillar on to white card stock and again coloured with distress inks, once cut out I glued these flat to the tag and covered the bee wings with Ranger stickles.  The sentiment reflects the challenge title and finally I added green ribbon to the tag.

Although the weather has cooled down for my week off, the tag reminds me of summer with its hot colours and outdoor theme, I hope you think so too!
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

4 comments:

  1. what a vibrant tag, loving those mushrooms.

    I too will be sad to get back to the grind on Monday - but just think of the pennies earnt for more stash!! lol

    Enjoy your remaining holls...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A orpeus and cheery tag! Fab vibrant colours trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. really love this tag so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag Tracey,love the colours
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x