Followers

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Splatters and Speckles

I am really enjoying a fantastic week off work so far and I'm actually getting to spend plenty time in my craft room meaning that I have managed to complete The Artistic Stamper Creative Team September blog challenge of 'Splatters and Speckles'.  As soon as the challenge was posted I knew that I had the perfect splat stamp by PaperArtsy and decided that the background needed to be my main focus for this challenge and with this in mind I decided to create a tag again this month.

I started by cutting a Tim Holtz Tag with white card stock from the Sizzix die, then spritzed it with Dylusion ink sprays, I then added water in spray and droplets.  Once dry I added Tattered Angels marshmallow glimmer mist then some Adirondack gold acrylic paint dabber splatted from a paint brush.  I also added a few splats of Time Holtz picket fence distress stain.  There was a lot of drying involved in the process and once dry again I added the PaperArtsy stamp using embossing ink and black embossing powder which I heated to set.  Next I added white and black pen border round the tag.  I then stamped the Tim Holtz sentiment on to kraft card stock and attached it to the tag using double-sided foam.  I attached two lengths of string using the Tim Holtz tiny attacher.  I made a flower using the Tim Holtz tattered florals die and glassine paper, crumpling it and adding distress ink and glimmer mist and attached it to the tag using a brad, this is a technique which I picked up from a recent edition of Craft Stamper magazine.  I have used the technique before and will again.  Once the tag was complete I watered down some white acrylic paint and speckled the whole tag again using a paintbrush.  Finally I attached a piece of ribbon and string through the hole.

I wish my photo could pick up the glimmer and sparkle, I am really pleased with the background and thinks that it fits the bill for this challenge perfectly.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

1 comment:

  1. You get the splat prize. #wellsplatted
    We also have a mini splatter that I adore. Teeny tiny splats that work everywhere!

    Really Nice tag

    Leandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x