Saturday, 19 January 2013
'V' is for Vampire
This is my first time joining in with a challenge at The Craft Barn but these guys have been on my radar for a long time and it's one of those places that I wish I lived close to as they have a great DT and hold some great classes/workshops. Anyway the new challenge for 2013 is an alpha challenge and first up is the 'Letter V', I have been thinking about this since it was posted and I have chosen 'Vampire'. Now it has taken me ages to look for an old dictionary to alter and in the end someone purchased me a new one, sadly it is only pocket size so instead of altering the dictionary pages in place I have decided to tear my pages out and create my own book.
I started by cutting a piece of white card stock just larger than my dictionary page so 6x7 inches, this will be the size of my book pages and each challenge start with the same size card stock. Next I added Tim Holtz gathered twigs distress ink round the edges of my torn dictionary page before gluing it to the background at an angle. I spritzed the whole piece with Dylusions post box red ink spray, unfortunately I wasn't as good with my spraying and it covered the word I am using! I distress the edge with black soot distress ink and left my background to dry before spritzing water through the Dylusions dotted flowers stencil. Once dry I covered the dots with the stencil again and with my Sakura white gel pen drew the outline of the dots. As this challenge will create a number of pages in my book I have decided to keep my pages flat in true journal style, this is a challenge for me as I love depth on my projects. I stamped the Stampotique Angel as my main image and then added the Tim Holtz cobweb and spider. I added more circles using my Ranger adirondack black and snow cap acrylic paint dabbers and lids. I doodled around the 'Vampire' entry in the dictionary before covering with Ranger glossy accents and then added some lines round the edges of the page. I covered the remaining space on my page with Tim Holtz picket fence distress stain and once dry I added a 'V' die cut from the Tim Holtz vintage market and then added my words both written and stamped on to black card stock, I used a red pen to add some spooky dripping blood from the words. Finally I punched 2 holes using my crop-a-dile big bite.