Followers

Sunday 1 July 2012

Art from the Heart

Once a month the Kesgrave Craft girls meet for a couple of hours but recently our group has been more about the chat than the craft, so for the June meeting Jacqui set us a project to alter an mdf heart.  I hadn't really thought about what to take until about 15 minutes before so I picked up my Tim Holtz cargo storage case and a parcel that had just arrived from Art from the Heart.  Now I have a love of all things Dylusions but as I want everything I needed to prioritise my purchases so the parcel contained the 6 5x8 stencils plus Stampotique twinkie stamp which I have been wanting to get my hands on for ages.  The content of the parcel was wrapped in red tissue paper, twine and a red and white spot wooden heart and so my idea was born.  I am going to enter this finished heart into the current Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge - Depth of Distress.

I started by painting the edges of the mdf heart with a Ranger adirondack pitch black acrylic paint dabber.  I then cut two hearts from white card stock just smaller than the mdf heart.  For the front heart I covered the heart with Tim Holtz tissue tape then used Tim Holtz distress inks festive berries, barn door and picked raspberry to distress the background.  I used the Dylusions diamond of a boarder stencil with snow cap dabber, the dotted flowers stencil with the pitch black dabber and the letter jumble with festive berries distress ink.  Once dry I outlined the diamonds with a black pen and just inside added a line with a glitter pen, I added glossy accents over the dots and I used a white pen to highlight the letters.  I also made a dash line border around the edge of the heart and used the Tim Holtz tiny attacher to add film strip ribbon across the middle.  I added liquid pearls to the top right and black Ranger stickles to the top left of the heart.  I attached the heart from my AFTH packaging to the top centre with glossy accents.  Next I stamped twinkie on some white card stock and using my water brush coloured him with gathered twigs, faded jeans and mowed lawn distress inks before covering him with Tim Holtz Distress crackle paint rock candy and fixed in place using sticky pads.  Finally I added an appropriate hand written sentiment.
For the back of the heart I wanted to try a new technique and stamped the Prima brick wall, Kaisercraft bubble wrap and PaperArtsy mini 56 to the second white card stock heart.  I then covered the whole piece with Claudine Hellmuth multi-medium gloss and covered it with the red tissue tape that my AFTH package came wrapped in and then covered again with multi-medium.  Once dry I added perfect pearls powder to the top right corner.  Finally I used multi-medium to paste both card stock hearts to the mdf shape and added the twine from my package as the hanger.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

1 comment:

  1. Tracey...your heart is really amazing. I really like the background. The stenciling and other techniques you used on the background really look amazing! Those little liquid pearls add alot of dimension! Very cool... I also love how you finished it out with "art from the heart" and your character. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x