Followers

Sunday 8 July 2012

Carol's Workshop - Cheese box

I've had a very busy week and only managed to get in my craft room once to make a couple of cards for birthday's this week.  As I can't show these until after the birthdays, today I am sharing an item from a workshop hosted by Carol last year.  I didn't actually attend the class but instead I had a kit to complete at home.

I started by painting the outside of the medium cheese box with white and black Adirondack acrylic paint dabbers, I kept the brush fairly dry for this.  I then added Tim Holtz tissue tape around the outside of the lid and a strip of lace to the top.  I made the flower from the stamped images in the kit leaving the dark stamp edge in place and added seed beads into the middle making sure they attached to the silicone glue.  I painted the hand embellishment in gold dabber, threaded the remaining beads onto wire and wound the string around the hand shape.  The Tando bookplate was coated with the black and gold dabbers and once dry covered with Tim Holtz distress crackle paint clear rock candy, then rubbed over with Tim Holtz distress ink brushed corduroy once dry.  Finally, I cut out the stamp sized image from Graphic 45 paper and assembled all of the elements.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x