Followers

Sunday 29 July 2012

We're All Going On A Summer Holiday

The theme for the July Happy Daze Blog challenge is 'We're All Going On A Summer Holiday' and I've finally managed to get into my craft room to create something, this time I am going to enter a card.  I love the seaside and beach huts and always enjoy spending some time there during my holidays.

To create the card I started by stamping one of the Docrafts Michael Powell Stamps, I recently received a set as the subscription gift for Craft Stamper Magazine.  I used a number of different Tim Holtz distress inks and a water brush to colour the image, I then ripped around the image and inked the edges with brown.  Next I ripped a piece of white tissue paper just bigger than the image and again inked around the edges and mounted both pieces to the front of a card.  I used a gold glitter pen to highlight the sand and Ranger glossy accents on the beach huts (although these do not show on the photo).  Finally I stamped a Tim Holtz sentiment and attached some twine.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

2 comments:

  1. Love the Watercolour effect on this card, the colours really pop.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the way you have layered this pretty card, such a fab design, thank you for playing along with us at Happy Daze, x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x