Followers

Monday 15 October 2012

A Few Of My Favourite Things

As any of you who venture on to my blog will know, I have a real addiction for all things Ranger at the moment so when I saw the latest Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: 'Your Favourite' I had plenty of choice and scope.

I started with a Tim Holtz tag die cut with white card stock and covered it in Dylusions spray inks.  I covered the background with a Dylusions stencil and spritzed with water to create the dots ghosting technique, I then spritzed with Tattered Angels marshmallow glimmer mist.  Next I added circles of Ranger Adirondack gold and silver acrylic paint dabber applied with the lid and then splattered bleach to take some of the colour of the tag.  Happy with my background I had to decide which way to go with my products, now normally that would have been Tim but I am having loving my Dylusions so I stamped the face and flower fan onto white cardstock and coloured using Dylusions and distress inks applied with my water brush.  I stamped the Stampotique Originals hanging hearts across the top of my tag, bleached out the middle of the hearts and then covered each one in glossy accents.  I stamped a Tim Holtz sentiment in embossing ink which I heated in black powder.  I used a Dylusions stencil to draw leaves on my background, I doodled with black and white pens plus bleach and then again covered in glossy accents.  Finally I added my cut out stamped images using double sided foam tape and applied black Ranger stickles to the ends of the lashes and stardust stickles to the middle section of each leaf of the flower.

I am really missing the sunshine at the moment, my photos are just not doing the colours on my tag justice!  I've probably said this before but we are going to try and sort out a light box so that my photography doesn't have to rely on a nice day.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

3 comments:

  1. wow a fabulous tag, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dylusions...and i love your spooky blog. I began your follower.
    :) If you wanna see mine, please come :D
    Melania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there thank you for sharing your fabulous Tag with the DT from SSSS, love the sentiment and the image is georgous, fabulous background too thank you for sharing xxxx TErry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x