Today's post is a Bramford challenge/swap that I was very behind with, mainly because I missed the crop for a couple of months and the July challenge Domino was then posted to me. I am also entering this piece in to the Out of a hat creations Challenge 31 Christmas in October - week 4, this time the challenge is to create a "Christmas Gift" or "Stocking Filler". So I have seen these altered plenty of times and really love how they look when worn as jewellery so I had a really great idea of what I wanted to achieve but I have to say it didn't work out as I expected!! They say practise makes perfect so I'll definitely be trying another one soon.
I started by applying Ranger Alcohol inks and once dry I went round the edges with gold Adirondack dabber and left to dry. My first attempt was from a tutorial I'd seen where the lady stamped the image onto white tissue paper but when I adhered it to the domino the base didn't show through, I think she used floor wax but I didn't have any and obviously need to find something that makes the tissue paper translucent. Anyway it didn't work so I cleaned the domino and started from scratch. For my second attempt I stamped the 'Imagine' stamp directly onto the domino but that didn't work either so again I started over. My third and final attempt saw me stamp the image onto white card stock and then cover with the alcohol inks. I adhered the card stock to the domino using Claudine Hellmuth multi-medium and filed the edges. Next I covered the whole domino with glossy accents and once dry attached the metal hanger using glossy accents and threaded the rope. You may notice that I have left the hole at the bottom and might attach some beads before the swap but I don't have any at the moment.