Followers

Wednesday 20 February 2013

A colour challenge - Red and Gold

Miss February's challenge on the Bombshell Stamps forum and blog is a colour challenge of 'Red and Gold'.  Now I've created a few red items recently with it being Valentine's Day this month and wanted to move away from the love theme for this one.  Luckily I've just received my latest set of Bombshell Stamps called 'Lotus Garden' so I've decided to use these for this challenge.  For those of you looking for a challenge, they also have a Guest Design Team call at the moment so please do go and take a look, I have to say that I'm tempted to apply.

I started by die cutting a Tim Holtz tag and a Stampin'Up top note and coloured both using the Tim Holtz barn door distress ink and spritzing with water.  Once dry I stamped the large flower in the same colour on to the tag background plus the small leaf in Ranger adirondack gold dabber.  I used embossing ink and gold embossing powder to stamp the water and fish on the top note and the flower and sentiment on a left over piece of inked card stock.  Next I edge the 4 pieces with Tim Holtz festive berries distress ink and then edged with the gold dabber.  I attached the top note to the tag with double sided foam and then added the cut out sentiment and flower using the same method.  Finally I added a few drops of Ranger gold stickles and some gold cord.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

4 comments:

  1. Pretty tag!

    Thanks for playing along with the Bombshell Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea to use the shape on the tag Tracey and great use of the colours.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome card! I love what you did with this set.

    Thank you for joining us with the Bombshell Pin Up challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very beautiful tag! Thanks for joining this Bombshell challenge! Hope to see you back by any of our other challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x