Followers

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Altered Peg Memory Frame

Today I am posting a project which I've created for the Out of a hat creations weekly challenge 55 which is to 'Decorate a clothes peg or paper clip'.  Now I've had a large wooden peg in my stash waiting to alter for quite a while so this was my perfect opportunity to have a go.

I started by taking the peg apart and then painting the whole thing with my Ranger black acrylic paint dabber.  Once dry I laid the two pieces together and using white texture paste and a Dylusions stencil I added detail to the sides of the peg.  Next I added Tim Holtz picket fence distress stain to my Bombshell stamps sugar skulls and stamped the front and the back of the peg (but with the peg upside down).  I covered the whole thing with a spray sealant and then reassembled the peg.  Next I die cut a small Spellbinders nestabilities lacey circle in white card stock and then a smaller black circle to fit inside, I distressed the edge and scrunched the black circle before gluing it roughly to the white one.  I stamped a single Bombshell skull stamp, cut out, added it to the circle with double sided foam and then covered with glossy accents before attaching the whole piece to the peg with double sided foam.  I decided that I wanted to use my peg as a holder for a memory frame to tie in with the 'day of the dead/sugar skulls' theme and cut a black and white card stock base using the top note die from Stampin'Up.  I ran the white piece through my big shot inside the cuttlebug stylized flowers embossing folder and cut the edge off before inking with Tim Holtz black soot distress ink and adding a faux stitch with a black pen.  I printed 3 small black and white photos of my Mum and Dad and then an appropriate saying on to white card stock edged with ink and mounted onto black card stock.  I adhered all four pieces to the top note base and added 3 gems before standing in the peg.
 
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey
    Your altered peg is fantastic, so much to look at love the black & white.
    thanks for joining us at OOAH
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Tracey and so striking in black and white Great to have you join in at the Hatters this week

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey - cool peg, love how you made it into a holder for your photos... Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is fantastic just love how you have made it a photo holder so much work Tracey. Thanks for joining us at OOAH. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  5. great peg Tracey and what a lovely piece to have holding such a personal photo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x