Followers

Friday 19 April 2013

Circus Clown

I am off on holiday this weekend but being off work today managed to find some time this morning to create a tag for the following challenges:
Out of a hat creations challenge 56 'Circus'.
Inspiration Emporium April challenge 'Marvelous Masks and Spectacular Stencils'
Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge 'Background'

I started by die cutting a Tim Holtz tag and then inking with various colours of Tim Holtz distress inks before spritzing with water.  I covered the tag with a Dylusions mask and removed some of the colour using a baby wipe before removing the mask and drying the tag with my heat gun.  I went round the edges of the faded places with the Tim Holtz picket fence distress marker, then replacing my mask I added a black line inside each of the mask holes.  Next I stamped a strip of stars on my background and added a faux stitch round the edge of the tag with my black pen.  I glued the tag to a white tag and a black tag each cut slightly larger than the first.  Once the background was complete I stamped the clown and cut him out using the Spellbinders lacey circles die.  I added a faux stitch in black pen and then coloured the image with Letraset promarkers.  I added glossy accents to the balls, stars, bow tie, nose and cheeks and attached it to the tag with double sided foam.  I stamped the words 'Circus Clown' on white card stock, cut out and covered with Tim Holtz distress crackle paint and again attached using double sided foam.  Finally I added 3 gems and stapled a piece of material ribbon through the tag using the Tim Holtz tiny attacher.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

10 comments:

  1. Tracey...your tag is awesome! I love the spritzed, stenciled, sprayed and doodled background! Removing some of the color with a baby wipe then doodling around the edges looks really cool! Your clown on the scalloped circle die cut really stands out. He is colored so beautifully. Very nice job! Thank you for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag! Love the background! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Trace a fun tag :)
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag..have a great holiday.. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't seem to be able to leave comments on any blogs at the moment Tracey so keeping my fingers crossed that this one gets through.

    A beautiful tag with some great details.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous fun circus tag Tracey, love the background & a very happy clown
    thanks for joining us at OOAH
    Janet x
    have a great holiday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tracey. Wow this is fun. Feel like joining in and hugging your clown. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tracey love the tag it is so colourful and a fun clown,that background is just fabby. Have a great Holiday. Thnaks for joining us at OOAH. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fab background Tracey - hope you have a fab holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracey what a FUN tag! What a great idea using the baby wipe, love the effect it creates as it totally makes the background pop! The clown is just precious! Love it!

    Thanks for crafting with us in the Marvelous Masks and Spectacular Stencils Challenge at Inspiration Emporium!!

    Hugs

    Spike

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x