Followers

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Bombshell Stamps x3

The latest challenge on the Bombshell Stamps forum and blog is set by Miss March and is called 'x3' which means using 3 of their wonderful stamps on your project.  Now I have gone a little over the limit and decided to move away from my usual love of tags this month, I hope I still qualify for the challenge.

I started with a paper mache heart shaped box which I painted with the Ranger adirondack snow cap acrylic paint. Next I stamped the outside of the box and the lid plus the 3 skulls, sentiment and flower onto white card stock.  I edged the box, the sentiment and flowers with Tim Holtz barn door distress ink and then covered each piece with the Tim Holtz rock candy distress paint.  I shaped the word banner and the flowers a little to give them depth and once dry I attached the flowers and sentiment to the top of the box.  I coloured the 3 skulls with Letraset promarkers and attached them to the inside of the box using strips of acetate.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

5 comments:

  1. So cute, I love it! Very original. Hope you don't mind I had to pin this project to my "Day of the Dead" board on Pinterest, with a link back to you of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving this cute and original box x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful ideas on this Tracey and great stamps tp use.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ADORE this!!! You have done a wonderful job with the skulls. I really like that you made a heart box with them. Thank you for joining us over at Bombshell Stamps Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great skull box! Thanks for playing along in the Bombshell challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x