Followers

Thursday 28 March 2013

Faces

Well today is my final post as guest designer at Out of a hat creations, and for challenge 53 Sandra has set the theme 'Faces'.  Firstly I wanted to say that I have had a wonderful time sharing my projects with you and appreciate all of the comments you have left on my blog, it is also lovely to have new followers and I hope to continue to inspire as I play along with the Hatters each week!

After much consideration I have reverted to my love of tags and all things dark for this challenge after finding a quote 'Life's true face is the skull' by Nikos Kazantzakis online.  I cut the tag in white card stock using the Tim Holtz die and coloured using the Tim Holtz brushed corduroy distress ink and then edged with gathered twigs and black soot before dropping water onto the tag to remove some of the ink.  Next using Tim Holtz stamps I added 4 skulls and then a crackle background.  I stamped one more skull onto white card stock, cut out and then covered with Tim Holtz rock candy distress paint.  I wrote the quote onto white card stock and backed onto black card stock.  I attached the skull and the quote using double sided foam and added a black ribbon was attached.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

8 comments:

  1. Firstly Tracey,a big thank you for all the wonderful things you have made during the last month as guest designer at the Hatters--we loved having you.

    A wonderful take on the faces theme and it is right the skull does portray the face which why they can do reconstructions by building up old skulls

    Great tag to make.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, I love this tag Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yracey just love this take on the the em it's excellent. Thank you for being guest designer for the month of March you're projects have been fab and inspirational. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fab tag Tracey :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous skull stamp! You did a great job decorating your tag with the DI's. Very macabre!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on this weeks theme Tracey, It's been FAB having you join us this month
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea and great tag...love the quote... Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x