Followers

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Jewel In The Crown

I have been in my craft room tonight in order to create my entry to this week's challenge at Out of a hat Creations which is #62 'Jewel In The Crown'. Now with our Queen celebrating at the moment I thought I'd make this my theme.

I used a crown template which I found online, printed and cut it out. I stamped a background using the flag from the Artistic Outpost London underground set then used Tim Holtz faded jeans and barn door distress inks to colour.  I glued the paper crown to some cardboard to make the piece sturdy. Next I stamped 3 of the Tim Holtz crown in embossing ink and heated with gold embossing powder and inked with brushed corduroy.  I stamped my sentiment, again edging in brown and them added gems. Finally I attached a second class stamp behind a Tim Holtz facet using glossy accents.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute ti our Queen Tracey. Ypu have worked hard to make this special piece and it is lovely to have you join in at the Hatters with it.

    Best wishes Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely Tracey, I can't believe there has been so little celebration for the coronation. 60 years is a long time to reign - I expected street parties and some events. At least you did your bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect Tracey for our theme & tribute to the queen
    thanks for sharing with us at OOAH
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x