Followers

Tuesday 24 November 2015

A new bag

So my first sewing project of the weekend was to create a small bag which was made from a 12x12 square piece of fabric.

Barbara gave me some very pretty fabric with small toadstools on it and I used a cream piece of curtain fabric for the other side. The two pieces were pinned together inside out and stitched around the edge leaving a small space to turn the bag the right way round. I then stitched up the small hole by hand. The fabric was then folded and stitched in ways to create 5 pockets of varying sizes. I added two matching buttons and a hair band to keep the bag closed.
It was a fun project and although I didn't quite follow the pattern with the final folds, I am happy with my little bag.

Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x